Hand woven tray made from bamboo reeds. Traditionally used to dry summer produce such as figs or tomatoes, in order to store them for the winter.
How to dry summer tomatoes - All you need is ripe tomatoes, salt, your CANNIZZU tray and most importantly scorching summer sun.
- Wash your tomatoes, dry them very well and cut them vertically
- Place the tomatoes facing upwards on your CANNIZZU tray
- Sprinkle them with sea salt and put them in direct sunlight
- When the sun sets, move your CANNIZZU tray indoors and place it outside again the following morning
- Repeat this final step until your tomatoes have are completely dehydrated
H: 42cm D: 38cm
Please keep in mind that all CICILEU products are entirely handmade which also means no two pieces are alike. Small imperfections aren't attributed to a manufacturing flaw but to the uniqueness of the product.
Although some products are readily available, the production lead time for pieces out of stock may vary. We will keep you updated once your order is placed.